I decided to change up a corner of my room. Here’s what it had looked like until now:
It’s cozy looking, but I never sat in the chair, so it was pretty much just a dust catcher. So I decided to put a desk there instead. I probably won’t sit at the desk (I’ve never liked using desks), but it’ll be nice to keep stationery supplies in/on it. And I had an old desk from my grandparents lying around, so it’s free!
Ain’t she cute?
Here are the options I’m considering:
2. Robin’s Egg Blue
3. No paint!
5 Things to Consider:
1. My room is in the attic, where there are sloping ceilings and few windows, so it tends to be a bit darker up here. Having a lighter colored desk is appealing for that reason.
2. I like the clean, sleek look of the white. But white shows dirt easily and I tend to get a little bored with white.
3. The Robin’s Egg Blue is a color I have running throughout my house (lots of light blue, aqua, and turquoise, with yellow accents). I love it, but I might get sick of it at some point. I think it would be super cute, but it might be good to go with something a little more neutral and a little less twee..?
4. I almost always dislike brown wood. (If I’m going to have something wood, I’d prefer it to be kind of grayish ashy, like distressed barn wood.) So I do like the idea of keeping it unpainted because it’s more neutral and “grown up”, but I just don’t know how much I’m going to like having that color wood around forever. It’s also kind of dark for this attic.
5. The finish is imperfect. It’s an old desk, so it’s all scraped up. It’s not terrible (I wouldn’t be annoyed by it if I kept it as is), but it justifies painting it (in my opinion).